Dreams have always been the focus of curiosity, interest, and quest of the human mind. These have led to varieties of false convictions and mystic notions on the one hand, and have accelerated research in Psychology, Neurology and Parapsychology on the other. The reality, origin, reflections and implications of dreams are discussed in great detail in this book, which is compiled from the translation of the Chapters 4 and 5 of the volume 18 of "Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya Vangmaya" series.
A detailed description of the history and trends in the oriental and occidental philosophy and science of dreams is presented here. The myths and facts about acquisition of extra sensory knowledge, precognition, and psychological depths of the unconscious mind and the unknown subtle world of the inner self through dreams are elucidated here. Thorough reviews of Freuds, Jungs and contemporary psychological theories vis-a-vis the relevant aspects of the ancient science of spirituality are discussed under broad perspectives.
The current status and future scope of research on dreams is discussed with substantial references. Special attention is focused on dream based early detection, diagnosis and therapies in the context of reported scientific experiments. The readers will also get to know how the decipheration of dreams could help resolving the complexities of psychosomatic disorders and elevating ones psychology.
Sleep is an integral part of his the variegated experiences of dreams also become possible in this phase. In normal case, for most of us sleep is almost an automatic, mechanical, or routine process. We do realize its importance in relaxing and recharging of the body and the mind but hardly pay any attention to its significant role in harmonizing the brain functions, mental stability and self-development. The present book unfolds the multiple facets of this natural and crucial process of daily-life.
Table of content
What Is A Dream?
• The Deep Roots of Dreams
• Myths and Facts about Dreams
• Dreams Linkage between the Visible and The Invisible World
• Who Dreams While The Body Sleeps?
• Scientific Truth of Dreams
• How Would Freud Explain These Dreams?
• Tides Of The Inner Impulses Sensed Through The Dreams
‘• Mastering The Language Of Dreams
• Peeping Into The Future Through The Window Of Dreams
• Divine Help Of Invisible Guides Bestowed In Dreams
• Dreams May Matter
• Higher Horizons Of Dreams
• Realities Reflected In Dreams
• Dreams and Vision of Transcendental Realities
• Depth Of Life In The Mirror Of Dreams
• The Unfolded Secrets Of Dreams
• Events Folded In Dreams
• Why Some Dreams Are So Real?
• Junction Of The Gross and The Subtle Dimensions Of The World
• Do You Understand The Language Of Your Mind?
• Secrets Of Life Hidden In Dreams
• Existence Of Dreams: Some Scientific Views
• Higher Realms Of Intellect And Dreams
• Impulse Of The Unconscious Mind
• Subliminal Nature Of Dreams
• Facts Behind Dreams
• Occidental History Of The Philosophy Of Dreams
• Hidden Messages of Dreams
• Dreams Arent Always Baseless
• Notice Your Specific Dreams!
||Pt. Shriram Sharma Acharya
||Yug Nirman Yogana, Mathura
||Yug Nirman Yogana, Mathura